Welcome to Share Wales.
Keeping up with all the latest technological ideas isn’t always easy, especially when you have a tourism business to run. As the video reflects, the rate of change is getting faster and is relentless. If you want to better understand the technologies that can be used to put your business, and Wales, in front of your potential visitors today, Sharewales can help to point you in the right direaction.
Sharewales provides resources and learning, to aid understanding and support the use of technology across the tourism sector, to help maximise the opportunities of the digital age. It also seeks to get everyone sharing Wales better, by opening up their great content, so it can be used to improve the tourism offering to our visitors.
The following video used at the Digital Tourism Exhibition 2014, reflects the pace of change in technology...Do you remember the impacts of these changes? Are you keeping up?
If You Do Nothing Else, Do These (if you havent already!)
- Sign up for the Business Wales Newsletter and keep you up to date with the latest on business support available to you.
- Sign up for the Visit Wales eNewsletter to keep up with developments in the Tourism Industry in Wales.
- Use this quick and easy on-line Tourism ICT Diagnostic ( Yn Gymraeg ) tool, to help you better understand and develop your current digital capability. It generates a semi bespoke report for you to keep and help you on your way
- Read our Digital Tourism - How to Guide ( Yn Gymraeg ) which brings together information to help you on your way. As well as this downloadable PDF version, there is also a hard copy version available from Visit Wales
- Maximise your marketing through Visit Wales - Get Seen and Keep Informed.
- Join and add your images to the Share Wales Flickr Group - the already impressive shared pool of great images, that can be used to better promote Wales. Get Sharing! note Terms and Conditions apply.
- Find out why Fibre is good for you.
Looking for simple digital advice that relates to tourism in Wales? Then click through to our collection of fact sheets, case studies, videos and links. A resource you can dip in and out of, complementing the training available through others.
Ideas to Inspire
Looking for new ways to invigorate your visitor offering and experience? Then click through to our growing collection of digital technologies that you can draw from. Visitor expectations have moved on. Are you keeping up and ready for the next generation?
Looking for digital projects that are creating new visitor offerings in Wales? We are supporting a range of projects, which we summarise here.
Looking to keep up with those digital developments that relate to Wales and Tourism? Keep up with the headlines on the stories that we collect here.
Tourism Trade Events
Looking to find ways to improve your business? Find out about our future events and take learning from past events by viewing our past event speaker videos here.
Share Content - Share Wales
We are looking to get more brilliant Wales content in front of potential tourists, at the perfect time in their holiday decision making. Get involved and it could be yours!
Provides links to other sources of advice and assistance.
Highlighted technologies/applications, you may want to try.
Goodby from the DTBF Team
the Digital Tourism Business Framework (DTBF) programme that has supported this site has now come to an end. As the team go our seperate ways, we thank all those that have helped to bring the initial DTBF vision to life and have worked with us over the last 4 years. Its been fun and rewarding and we have achieved a lot. We hope those of you that have started on a digital tourism journey with us, will continue to share and grow ideas, best practice and exciting new projects that continue to develop the visitor experince in Wales.
The sites content will remain until it is repurposed and updated and moved to a new home on a Visit Wales site. Whether you are an absolute beginner or self confessed geek, we hope stay with us through that transition and take up our digital challenge, to get the digital into Wales’ tourism.
This has been an Award winning programme (being chosen as one of 20 good practice projects from across Europe in implementing developments that are increasing the competitiveness of the European tourism industry).
738 Tourism Businesses have received a DTBF ICT diagnostic ( leading to over 2000 business improvements) and, 36 new innovative tourism products have been developed, providing animproved visitor experience. And there is much more!
The Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism, Ken Skates said of the programme “The Digital Tourism Businesses Framework has improved the way tourism businesses use digital technologies and has created innovative and exciting products which improve people’s experience of visiting Wales"